March 6, 2020
New Danville is monitoring the events surrounding the Coronavirus. We are following the guidance of local school districts who monitor the Montgomery County Public Health in conjunction with the Texas Department of State Health Services and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). We will continue to seek direction from the above named agencies as this develops and make plans accordingly for the health and safety of our clients, staff and community.
The coronavirus is a virus that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread from person-to-person. The virus is not currently widespread in communities in the United States, and there are no confirmed cases in Montgomery or Harris County. The greatest risk of infection is for people in China or people who have traveled to China.
Simple everyday preventive actions help prevent the spread of viruses. For more information, visit the CDC Website. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
– Stay home when you are sick.
– Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We have increased cleaning frequency, with disinfectant cleaner that is approved for use in hospitals and other health related organizations,
We have also printed and posted several CDC posters (in English and Spanish) on the importance of hand-washing and how not to spread germs and Coronavirus specific posters.